Most of us love to have a nice, cold glass of juice on a spring or summer day. There’s nothing quite like sitting back in your chair, taking a sip from some orange or apple juice, and relaxing outside. However, what do you think is the best way to make that juice? Homemade juice is known to be a whole lot tastier than the juice you buy at the grocery store, but there may be a better way of making that juice than using a normal juicer.
There’s a trending juicing method called steam juicing that should be keeping your attention. There are some great advantages to using a steam juicer over a traditional juicer. Keep reading down below to read more about those advantages and you might just be convinced to get yourself one!
1. What Is a Steam Juicer?
When thinking about steam juicers, you can basically think about the same process you use to preserve vegetables on the shelf. Many of you might have canned vegetables in your lifetime, so this is very similar to that! Basically, steam juicers heat up the juice to destroy the enzymes that prevent the juice from being stored for a long period of time. Once they have been steamed, the juices can be stored on the shelf, just like canned vegetables.
The produce will be steamed inside the device until the cell walls break down. The juice from the fruit will then be released into a container that will then transfer into various bottles and jars, depending on the model of your steamer like the Juicer Cruiser. This juice is going to be pretty concentrated, since the heat used pulled all of the juice from the produce.
2. What Are the Biggest Advantages of Steam Juicers?
There are some great advantages to using a steam juicer over a normal juicer. While some may say that this is not the healthiest way of juicing your fruits, the below advantages are pretty great for any of you out there:
- You can store this juice for later. If you don’t have regular access to fresh fruits and vegetables, you are able to store this juice on the shelf for later use. For example, if you’re going to have to drive for hours and hours to get fresh produce from a farmer’s market, this might not be the most efficient use of your time. Instead, steam your produce so you always have the juice on hand.
- Steamed juice is sterile and can be stored on a shelf for a long period of time. As mentioned, this is one of the biggest advantages of steaming your produce. You won’t have to take up a lot of space in your fridge or freezer to keep this juice safe to drink. Simply store it on the shelf with the rest of your canned produce and you’ll be good to go whenever you want some fresh juice!
- A lot of people out there use this method of steaming produce to create homemade jams and jellies. These are absolutely delicious and are perfect for any breakfast.
- You’re going to save a lot of money. If you and your family are big juice-drinkers, then steaming your produce is going to save you all of the money that you would spend on expensive juices bought at the grocery store. You can save this money for other, more important things!
And there you go, folks! Now you know the benefits of using a steam juicer over a traditional juicer. What do you think? Try one out and let us know what you think about this trend of steaming your produce to make homemade juices.
Latest posts by Luke (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why WordPress Is the Best Blogging Platform - March 29, 2017
- 10 Tips to Look Best on Your Wedding Day - March 27, 2017
- 6 Reasons to Use Marketing Technology for Success - March 25, 2017