Most of us have heard about wearable technology by now, but could 2014 be the year wearable tech really begins to take off?
Google Glass makes it’s debut this year to consumers and there are many other interesting technologies currently in the market.
So what are some of these other interesting pieces of wearable technology, and how soon will you be able to ad them to your attire.
1. Kiwi Move – One small device you can wear which will sense motion, temperature, and sound. You can wear it on your wrist, collar, arm or anywhere. With many different apps, Kiwi looks very promising. This amazing little device has about six sensors in all. An accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, barometer, thermometer and a microphone. From their website the product will be ready to ship July, 2014 and costs $99.00 dollars.
2. Smart Watches – Introducing the Qualcomm® Toq™ smartwatch for Android, the revolutionary smartwatch with a Qualcomm® Mirasol™ color touchscreen display that looks different because it is different. Unlike other smartwatches, Toq leverages the light around it so your screen is visible even in bright sunlight. M.S.R.P is $349.00
Here is what CNET had to say about Toq.
Think of Toq like Google Glass: a hero prototype that actually works, but shows the way for future products using the technology. Read the full review.
CES 2014 — Wearable Tech Highlights from Vegas
The biggest consumer technology show, the CES, started last Tuesday. Our CEO, Christian Stammel, is in Las Vegas and thrilled that one of the biggest trends to watch in consumer technology from the CES 2014 are wearable technologies – they are everywhere. As expected, and predicted at our Wearable Technologies Conference in San Francisco last year, wearables are truly taking off. A slew of wearable devices and applications were announced during the first few days of CES, especially smartwatches and wristbands. Nearly every big tech company announced a product that can be worn close to or on the body.
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016