Pest birds are a cause of worry for residential property owners, commercial premises, schools, airports, and other private and public sectors.
Here are some dangers that the pest birds pose
- Bird strikes cause the US civil aviation loss of millions of dollars every year
- More than 200 people have lost their lives due to bird strikes since 1988
- Pest birds cause significant property damage, such as damage of overhead lines and wires, roof shingles, air conditioning, and machinery, cracks in window panes, and weakening of the overall structure. Every year, millions of dollars are spent on repairs and cleaning.
- Pest birds eat away crops and fruits causing significant loss to agriculture
- Bird nests cause fire risk in attic, garage, shed, and external dryer vent.
- They clog up drain pipes and gutters
- Pest birds pose serious health risk by transmitting viruses and bacteria. Diseases that are transmitted by birds are salmonella, Toxoplasmosis, Coccidiosis, Cryptococcases,
- Guarding yourself and your property against pest birds is therefore very important
Here is how you can control pest birds
- Bird proofing products like bird spikes, bird wires, and electric shocking devices
- Bird gels
- Bird screens such as wire mesh or special bird netting
- Visual or acoustic solutions to deter birds away
- Use of decoys
- Adopt the right method to guard yourself effectively from pest birds
Latest posts by Alicia Jones (see all)
- All About Choosing the Best Mobile Network in the UK - August 10, 2016
- Things to Consider Before Buying Property in Istanbul - June 24, 2016
- How to Scale Your Leadership Style? - May 3, 2016