(This post originally appeared on the Resonance Content Marketing Blog.
Happy 2014, peeps!
With the holidays behind us, it’s time to strap on our proverbial running shoes and zoom out of the starting blocks on our way to a fantastic 12 months ahead.
To give you a little nudge, we’ve put together a checklist of questions to help make sure your content marketing program is tuned up and ready to roll:
- Have you done a thorough review of results from your content marketing program covering all of 2013? (If not, give our 2013 wrapup podcast a listen) (Tweet this)
- Is your editorial calendar up to date, encompassing all your various content marketing activities? (Tweet this)
- Have you built regular audience check-ins into your calendar or to-do list? (Tweet this)
- Have you added curation activities to your content marketing strategy? (Tweet this)
- Is your entire team on board with your goals for 2014? (Tweet this)
- Have you reviewed the blend of abilities and skill sets on your team to make sure you’ve assigned the right tasks to the right people? (Tweet this)
- Have you made any needed revisions to your budget — new staff, paid services, advertising/promoted posts, outsourced services, equipment, etc.? (Tweet this)
- Have you unsubscribed from any “pro” accounts that aren’t worth what you’re paying for them? (Tweet this)
- Have you reviewed your most — and least — successful posts from 2013 to identify best practices for reaching your audience? (Tweet this)
- Does your blogging calendar reflect a diverse mix of approaches (e.g. longer/shorter, text/video/visual) and topics? (Tweet this)
- Are you making it a regular practice to invite guest contributors and to offer your guest-posting services to other blogs? (Tweet this)
Your Social Media
- Are all your social accounts up to date with your current contact information, photos, links, and other specifics? (Tweet this)
- Have you done a thorough assessment of your social media activities to figure out which ones are delivering results and which ones aren’t? (Tweet this)
How about you, dear readers: what are you doing to make sure you’re ready to rock in 2014? Leave us a note in the Comments — we’d love to hear from you!