Developing a new business that will have customers to keep it alive is not the easiest thing to do nowadays. The world is led by notorious corporations, older than us all 🙂
You may have already seen this viral infographic that proves these words.
Photo source: Visual.ly
It is obvious that the niche in developing new businesses is getting narrower year over year. But the devil is not as black as he is painted. SaaS is coming to rescue entrepreneurs! A SaaS business (Service as a Software) is a type of business based on subscription revenue. Subscription revenue is expected to reach 24% of total software revenue by 2016 according to a PwC Report .
A SaaS business has the following characteristics:
- it is based on a monthly fee
- the B2B client doesn’t have to manage it(it is a software that should work without flows)
- the client doesn’t need to invest in additional services or any hardware
Being based on subscription revenue(a specific goal), conversions are vital for SaaS. In order to get conversions for any SaaS business, take a look at these ideas:
- define your goals and the most important key performance indicators to measure your efforts
- get visitors’ email and build a data-base(micro-conversions are great too)
- build trust with markers( Norton, Trusted etc)
- use testimonials and case studies(Social Poof is a great trigger to persuade)
Find the complete guide to get conversions for SaaS with full explanations for each of the bellow ideas from this article.
Let me know if this was useful for you or for your community. Share your thoughts in the comments so i can deliver more valuable content next time.
Latest posts by Elena Dobre (see all)
- Be aware of words: online copywriting can change revenue - December 13, 2013
- Metrics & their power to influence the profitability of an online business - December 10, 2013
- SaaS: a breath of fresh air for entrepreneurs - November 19, 2013