Managing an appointment setting team is very important for business. After all, these are the people who will be responsible in getting in touch with prospective sales leads and help you close deals.
You would naturally want them to perform at their very best. Now here is the interesting part – how do you help them be the very best? To be honest, it is not that hard to pull off. You just need to follow several important rules:
- Ditch the rules – just like in sales or telemarketing, your appointment setters are professionals who want to be free, to be autonomous, in their dealings with business prospects. Rather than force them to comply with rules or formalities, remove these obstacles so that they can have more flexibility in getting you more business.
- Be the coach – keep in mind, you are not going to tell them what to do. Rather, as them to put themselves in your shoes and think of solutions for the problems you have. They will use their creative juices to get you out of that tight spot.
- Let the best do their best – remember, no one is a one-man army. There will be people who might be better at writing proposals instead of lead generation. Instead of forcing your people into a mould, let them do what they do best and look for other to do the rest.
- Recognize achievements – a pat in the back or a public announcement of their good work is a great way to boost morale. Money is a good motivator, but nothing beats good old respect and sense of achievement in reaching your goals in B2B leads.
Really, these are simple tips, but are pretty effective in boosting your appointment setting team’s performance.
Read more blogs on Business Development Here
Latest posts by Christine Steffensen (see all)
- 5 Useful Online Tools for Distributing Content for Lead Generation - May 30, 2014
- The Three Keys To Keeping B2B Leads - May 21, 2014
- Finding Your Niche Market For Lead Generation - May 20, 2014