Let us face, generating sales leads in the software market can be a real pain, especially so if the market you plan to penetrate belongs to the software industry. This can be a very competitive market, one that can either make your IT lead generation campaign a success, or it can very well spell the end of your business. Yes, this is a very stressful business, one where the need to succeed is great. But you, as a marketer, will be able to handle this pressure. It is all about managing what you can manage, and let things go as it is. No point forcing yourself if you are not mentally involved. How will you motivate yourself then? Here are some ways to do so:
1. Believe that you are in control – problems will always be there to bother you. It is up to you to think that this problem is very troublesome, or let it slide. You should believe in yourself, believe that you can make things better, and believe that you are in control. Once you have that kind of mindset, you can face any appointment setting challenge thrown your way. It makes you much more productive.
2. Stay optimistic – some of us fall into the trap of negative thinking, of looking at things in a negative light. Get rid of that. Always look at the brighter side of events, occasions, even the very problems itself. This is especially true in telemarketing campaigns, where your feelings or mood can be heard on the phone.
3. Choose your news – yes, you should keep abreast with the latest events, but letting all the news around fill your ears are a sure-fire way to keep your feelings down. Come to think of it, that is how newspapers and TV stations keep their audience glued on the papers or on TV, which drives up their profits. Really, the world is a much brighter place in reality. And a tad easier to navigate in during your B2B lead generation campaign.
4. Let go of the naysayers – if you know anyone who keeps saying negative stuff regarding B2B leads generation, like how the software market is so hard to penetrate, how business prospects are so hard to convince, or how sealing a deal will not happen, please try to ignore them. You see, these people are not worth your attention. Concentrate on what you are doing, do your best, and let things go as it is.
5. Put positivity in your words – not only will this put your mindset in the right track, it will also reflect in the way you deal with your appointment setting prospects. Putting a positive spin in your wording can also give you a lighter feel, something that would be beneficial in your outlook and in the way you handle rejections and challenges throughout the day.
Yes, you can be successful in your lead generation efforts. All you need is a little positivity and a strong motivation to keep going in this business.
Read more Business Development Blogs HERE.
Latest posts by Judy Caroll (see all)
- Content Marketing Strategy: Getting the most of old content - September 9, 2016
- Is it Worth to Invest in Customer Profiling? - September 5, 2016
- A Match Made in Marketing Heaven: Marrying Inbound And Outbound Strategies - August 23, 2016