Conducting telemarketing campaigns can be a challenge, especially if you are not used to this kind of work. You have to admit that this is a necessary marketing investment in order to find, nurture, and convert quality sales leads for your business. Of course, there is no denying that there are people who are still against this. Be it due to its perceive outdated methodology, or probably due to the annoying practices of some appointment setting representative, telemarketers these days are getting a lot of bad rep.But really, how can doing business on the phone be made better? Let me list down some benefits:
- most of the time, we get messages, mail, content, commercials that all blatantly sell something. Of course, you have to admit that B2B telemarketing has the same quality, but at least a conversation is taking place. Besides, a skilled marketer would know how to listen well to what their business prospects are saying.
- you may not believe this, but a lot of business owners and managers prefer that telemarketers call them, not the other way around. Being proactive is very important in marketing, since this increases the possibility of the business prospects to become real B2B leads for your company. You just have to know which ones to call, lest you end up contacting the ones not receptive to your business proposals.
- one of the hallmarks of proper customer service is being able to respond to calls made by prospects that you have to call back at a later time. Take note, business prospects want to be heard in the discussion, so make sure that they be given ample opportunities to voice out their concerns. This will establish a good working relationship between you and your sales leads prospects.
Using all channels
- here is the thing about B2B appointment setting: you have to connect with your business prospect through as many channels as you can find. Telemarketing is just one aspect of your marketing campaign, but it is also one of the most important, since you are having a conversation with your prospects at this point. To maximize your impact, you should be willing to use every marketing tool available to your company.
Get customer feedback
you know that your business need to improve. To do that, you need to understand what really runs into the minds of your customers. Ask them about it then. Do some phone surveys and learn more about your prospects. The information you obtain there can be used to improve your business operations and the quality of products and services that you offer.
B2B lead generation campaigns need not be hard. It is all about managing them, as well as knowing more about the market and the customers that you wish to serve. And in any case that you are still unsure if you can manage such a campaign, you can always outsource the work to a competent marketing agency.
This content originally appeared at Callbox Malaysia Blogs
Latest posts by Christine Steffensen (see all)
- 5 Useful Online Tools for Distributing Content for Lead Generation - May 30, 2014
- The Three Keys To Keeping B2B Leads - May 21, 2014
- Finding Your Niche Market For Lead Generation - May 20, 2014