Excerpt from article by Barbara Starr posted Search Engine Land:
“Search is changing. It is now more personal, more engaging, more interactive and more predictive. SERPs no longer display just 10 blue links — they have become more useful and more visually appealing across all device types.
Semantic search is at the forefront of these changes, as evidenced most recently by the launch of Google’s new Hummingbird algorithm. Beginning with user intent and interpretation of the query itself, semantic technology is used to refine the query, extract entities as answers, personalize search results, predict search queries and more — providing a more interactive, conversational or dialogue-based search result.
5 Ways To Unlock The Benefits of Semantic Search
Understanding how semantic search works at a conceptual level — as well as understanding where it is going — is the key to your ability to leverage it. Below are five ways to unlock the benefits of semantic search.
1. Optimize For User Intent
2. Align Your SEO Campaign With Your Social Media Campaign
3. Ensure You Leverage Google+ Appropriately & Fully
4. Mark Up Your Pages With The Appropriate Semantic Markup
5. Use Standard SEO Techniques
Cross pollination is key. As you can see, Social, SEO, SEM, Semantic Web/Semantic Computing need to cooperate and coexist as a synergistic team.
The end of the 10 blue links, and the move to a more media-oriented, interactive type of Semantic Search does not mean there is no more SEO. There are definitely finite mechanisms and steps an SEO team can take to optimize a website in a Semantic Search World…”
Each way is analyzed with detailed information.
Read full article here:
See on searchengineland.com
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016