Most bloggers I know (including myself) find the toughest part of blogging is coming up with catchy titles. Often, the title is the most important piece of the blog post – it’s the critical piece that either draws in your readers or turns them away. You want to make sure the title entices, but without making promises it just cannot deliver upon.
The author of this article, Jesse Luse, breaks the process of fabulous title creation down into three major elements:
- Your title should evoke emotion.
- Your title should promise value – and then deliver upon that promise.
- Your title must contain the keyword or phrase you are using throughout the entire post.
Luse does an excellent job of elaborating upon these three key elements. He also makes the title-creation process seem simple enough for any level of blogger. This is a great read and I will be personally bookmarking it for future reference.
Click here to read the entire article:
Latest posts by Jennifer G. Hanford (see all)
- Marketers: You’re Going to Want to Learn More About Instagram - December 15, 2014
- Community Managers: You Really Can Survive the Holiday Season! - December 12, 2014
- Holiday Marketing Mistakes to Avoid - December 3, 2014