Twitter is fast, furious and real-time. Although many companies use Twitter as a form of advertising or content sharing, others use it successfully as their way to be “in-the-know.” Companies that use social media for monitoring – either their competition, industry or customers – should definitely be tuning in to Twitter as often as possible. The reasons and ways to use Twitter as a business are numerous.
The author of this post, Courtney Gordner, lists four benefits of regular tweeeting and activities your company should engage in to achieve these benefits:
- 1) Tweet to connect and engage with your followers: use @mentions to recognize a follower who shared your content, for example. Everyone likes recognition.
- 2) Use Twitter to “spy” on your competition. Tweets can be very telling!
- (3) Use Twitter to increase your name and reputation (hopefully good!). Regular tweets are great ways to gain more exposure for your brand.
- (4) Monitor your Twitter streams regularly. Follow certain hashtags or trending topics, which let you know what is happening right away. Do not become a “newsjacker,” but tweet along if appropriate to your brand’s name and image. It helps to show your business has a human touch.
This is a great article and resource for Twitter for business. I highly recommend reading it whether you are new to the platform or just need a refresher.
Read the entire article here:
Latest posts by Jennifer G. Hanford (see all)
- Marketers: You’re Going to Want to Learn More About Instagram - December 15, 2014
- Community Managers: You Really Can Survive the Holiday Season! - December 12, 2014
- Holiday Marketing Mistakes to Avoid - December 3, 2014