As of this writing, there have been hundreds of cases of blogs reported to have manifested early symptoms of the Boring Blog Disease or BBD. Some of these symptoms include:
– Little or no response from site visitors
– Poor frequency of people revisiting the site after 24-48 hours
– Malnourished content
– Tendency to stick with boring text posts that usually tackle same old boring topics
The onset of this disease usually goes by unnoticed at first, and victims would suffer under the delusion that their blogs are doing okay. However, if left untreated, BBD can lead to complications, such as stagnation of one’s blog site, significant drop in leads and conversions, or worse: total oblivion from the online marketing world.
If your blog is showing these kinds of indications, you may need to take precautionary measures as early as now. What you might call for is a sort of reinforcement through medications, specifically those which are concocted to give life, energy and creativity to your blog. Basically, these are stuff that you haven’t thought of including in your blog that you have to venture on starting today .
The following is a list of suggested cures to bring your blog back in good shape:
1. Infographics. When you convert a heap of information into something that’s easier to understand, people become more engaged to your content. They see the whole picture (literally) at a glance, and better understanding always triggers response, either good or bad.
2. Interview experts. Contrary to popular belief, putting an expert on a pedestal right on your own blog does not discredit you in anyway. If anything, it actually makes people think better of you, because you had the initiative to bring in expert opinion, making your blog more credible.
Latest posts by Belinda Summers (see all)
- The ABCs of B2B Appointment Setting Campaign: Let’s Make it Easier - January 30, 2015
- 4 Tips for Reducing B2B Sales Costs and Maximizing Profit - January 23, 2015
- Lights. Camera. Appointment! The Making of an Award Winning Script - January 13, 2015