As a parent, it’s likely one of your main goals is to involve your kids in activities they’ll enjoy. Of course, many of the pastimes you’d like to participate in as a family end up costing money, and with a budget you will want to save money wherever you can.
The good thing, however, is that there are always activities that will enable your family to have fun without breaking the bank. Be creative with family fun so your expenditure is minimal without sacrificing the excitement!
Try these FUN FREE Activities:
1. Take it to the park. Whether it’s a few minutes or a few miles away, the nearest park is a great place to have free family fun. Pack all the toys and playthings that you and your kids will enjoy using outdoors. These could include kites, Frisbees, balls and badminton sets.
• Put together some easy-to-prepare treats or go all out by taking along the grill. Your family will certainly enjoy chicken salad sandwiches or grilled hot dogs and burgers.
• Remember to take along your MP3 music dock so all your family fun can be had to the backdrop of your favorite song selections.
2. Plan a backyard camp out. Make it a date with your kids to have an official camp out right in your own backyard. This is a fun way to simulate a true camping experience.
• Borrow your neighbor’s tent or rent one. Equip it with sleeping bags, lanterns and mosquito repellant to get the real feel of the outdoors.
• Set up a dirt-filled pit for starting a campfire. Be sure to keep it controlled so there are no issues with spreading flames. You and your family can roast marshmallows while telling scary stories around the fire! Make all your meals on the campfire or use your outdoor grill.
READ MORE via Frugal Friday! Family Fun for Free – How to Save Money.