One thing that I really love as a blogger is guest posting. There are so many things that guest posting helps you achieve. Above all, writing guest posts consistently gives your website or blog a quick SEO boost.
However, in desperation or hurry, guest bloggers make potential mistakes while writing guest articles. The most common is that they look at guest blogging as article syndication or article distribution, which it isn’t.
Guest blogging should always begin with a well-thought-out plan of action so that it helps you maximize the benefits.
Here are four key questions to keep you right on track.
Q1. What goals do I want to achieve?
Every online marketing tactic that you use begins with a goal. So, why isn’t so with guest blogging? I don’t think there are too many marketers or bloggers who start guest posting with some specific goals on their minds.
With guest posting, you may want to –
- Drive traffic to your site
- Get more exposure in your chosen niche
- Create backlinks
- Build a community of loyal followers
- Showcase your unique skills
- Generate leads for your business
Starting without a goal is like shooting arrows in the dark. If you want to hit the nail on its head, you should clearly understand your goals.
Read the rest of the questions here: 4 Questions You Need To Ask Before You Write the Next Guest Post.
Rebekah believes that social media has transformative powers when it is used correctly and integrated in to a strategic marketing plan.
Rebekah manages social media on a daily basis and is eager to help you STOP those time sucking activities and maximize, prioritize and monetize your online efforts!
Latest posts by Rebekah Radice (see all)
- Social Media Success – Five Key Numbers to Watch [Infographic] - September 8, 2013
- Social Media and Blogging: 4 Ways to Maintain Both and Gain Momentum - September 7, 2013
- 7 Point Checklist to Dominate Your Personal Brand Using Google Plus - September 6, 2013