Pinterest may be the current social media belle of the ball, but that does not mean everyone truly gets it yet. While Pinterest is an exciting opportunity for business marketers, capitalizing on this unique platform can feel elusive.
If you are interested in marketing your products or services, the goal behind Pinterest is simple:
Create brand awareness by providing eye-catching images that drive traffic to your website, increase sales, revenue and cash flow.
Sounds easy, right?
Not for most businesses still struggling to piece together a successful social media marketing plan. So how can you begin to integrate Pinterest into your overall marketing strategy?
Here are a few Pinterest tips and tricks to help you make the most out of this visual marketing tool.
Pinterest Tips and Tricks
1. Learn the Language
As with any social media site, there is a language unique to the network. Learning the lingo before you get started will help you quickly adjust to this new environment.
- Board – think of boards as content buckets of similar content. You can capture content and add it to these boards where they become easily shareable.
- Pin – a pin is an image that you have captured and added to a board.
- RePin – the act of sharing someone’s pin to one of your boards.
- Comments and Likes – similar to Facebook, Pinterest allows you to like someone’s pin or leave a comment on the pin.
- Pin it button – this can be added to your browser allowing you to easily pin anything you want to share.
read the rest of: 8 Pinterest Tips and Tricks: A Cheat Sheet for Newbies.
Rebekah believes that social media has transformative powers when it is used correctly and integrated in to a strategic marketing plan.
Rebekah manages social media on a daily basis and is eager to help you STOP those time sucking activities and maximize, prioritize and monetize your online efforts!
Latest posts by Rebekah Radice (see all)
- Social Media Success – Five Key Numbers to Watch [Infographic] - September 8, 2013
- Social Media and Blogging: 4 Ways to Maintain Both and Gain Momentum - September 7, 2013
- 7 Point Checklist to Dominate Your Personal Brand Using Google Plus - September 6, 2013