Have you been emailing your subscriber list more frequently and are seeing a higher unsubscribe rate? This is not uncommon. More than 90% of consumers unsubscribe because of too frequent, irrelevant or boring communications.
But if people are unsubscribing from your list, you are not necessarily doomed. In fact it could be a good thing. But to establish whether you shouldn’t be entering into ‘panic zone’, it’s necessary to try and work out why your users are unsubscribing.
Why do people unsubscribe?
– Emails being too frequent – This is arguably the most common reason. Often related to people feeling overwhelmed, or not having enough time to keep on top of all your emails. Or perhaps you really are emailing them far too much.
– Emails too infrequent. They don’t know who you are and don’t recognise your name.
– They only subscribed to get the free gift, and quickly left afterwards.
Listed in Forbes as one of the top 20 women social media power influencers and likewise as one of the top social media power influencers, she is one of the most dynamic personalities in the social media market.Crowned the Social Influencer of Europe for Oracle she actively leverages ethical online marketing for her clients.
After launching her first business within three years of becoming a mother, her financial success was recognised by being a finalist at the Best MumPreneur of the Year Awards, presented at 10 Downing Street. Following a resultant offer and wishing to spend more time with her daughter, she sold her first business to focus on social media, developing a multi-site blog and online marketing portfolio that generated in excess of 600,000 + page views per month.
A business owner, social media consultant, international speaker and genuine digital guru, Lilach is consulted by journalists and regularly quoted in newspapers, business publications and marketing magazines (including Forbes, The Telegraph, Wired, Prima Magazine, The Sunday Times, The Guardian, Social Media Today and BBC Radio 5 Live). What’s more, her books have achieved No 1 on Amazon for Sales and Marketing and Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
When Lilach isn’t working she enjoys spending time with her family and is an avid fan of Zumba.
Latest posts by Lilach Bullock (see all)
- The top social media management tools for 2016 - June 30, 2016
- The 4 best social media management tools of 2015 #Infographic - October 12, 2015
- #ZEEF applies human intelligence to filter the world’s information - February 6, 2015