Sam Fiorella, a Partner at Sensei Marketing, a customer experience consultancy with offices in Toronto and New York, recently wrote an article for The Huffington Post which made me smile. Really smile. Sam writes content about social media and related topics within the B2B marketing sphere. His recent article for The Huffington Post touches on the increasing popular platform known as Google+. If you missed Sam’s post, you can read it here:
The number of Google+ users continues to grow monthly. As an early adopter of the platform, I am personally excited to see that Google+ is no longer a “ghost town.” B2B organizations stand to gain significant advantages as their audiences increasingly flock to Google+. The positive impacts of Google+ on B2B marketing are apparent so if you haven’t already, it is probably a good time to get started.
These are 3 steps to getting started on Google+:
Step 1: Create profiles for yourself and your business on Google+. The world will soon be at your fingertips.
Step 2: Add the +1 button to your website pages and all blog posts to promote Google+ sharing. This encourages Google+ users to come to you. The positive impacts on B2B marketing include enhanced SEO (Search Engine Optimization) results and more sharing of your content.
Step 3: Circle people and companies that are of interest and may be influential to you. This includes, but is not limited to, leaders within your industry and potential prospects. One positive impact of Google+ on B2B marketing is the ability to follow anyone and view any public content they share.
Some B2B marketers have been leery of using Google+ in the past, but the platform has a lot to offer. The following are positive impacts of Google+ on B2B marketing:
- Google+ plays a big role in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and continues to build search result relevance with successive algorithm updates
- Sites on Google+ are indexed and crawled very quickly
- B2B marketers and prospects are engaging on Google+ in larger numbers, allowing for relevant and meaningful conversation opportunities
- Imagery is truly incredible on Google+, making the platform a perfect place to post and share photos and videos relevant to B2B marketing
- Google+ offers real-time Hangouts, which are video chats, and allow for business interactions to take place anytime and anywhere
Without a doubt, there are many other positive impacts of Google+ on B2B than the ones I have listed. Do you have others to add? I would be glad to hear them.
Article comments requested vine.co/v/bgVT5pWOH3K
— Internet Billboards (@netbillboards) February 26, 2013
Latest posts by Jennifer G. Hanford (see all)
- Marketers: You’re Going to Want to Learn More About Instagram - December 15, 2014
- Community Managers: You Really Can Survive the Holiday Season! - December 12, 2014
- Holiday Marketing Mistakes to Avoid - December 3, 2014