Everywhere I go, I find marketers who are challenged with creating more content. More blog posts, more eBooks, more videos, more podcasts… more, more, more. Even our latest content marketing research found that the number one challenge for business marketers is producing enough content.
I’m done with more.
Here’s a little state of the industry that I’ve noticed:
- There are hundreds of marketing gurus out there who will tell you that more is better.
- Brands and publishers alike are setting up massive newsrooms to newsjack every possible opportunity.
- Keyword phrases are being locked and loaded, as we speak, into thousands of content marketing programs around the world — curated content and original content alike.
- Organizations of all sizes are figuring out how much content they can get out of every contractor they work with, and how to get that investment down to as little per hour as possible.
Now, I’m not saying that any of this is wrong; but it’s definitely not better.
Latest posts by Jennifer G. Hanford (see all)
- Marketers: You’re Going to Want to Learn More About Instagram - December 15, 2014
- Community Managers: You Really Can Survive the Holiday Season! - December 12, 2014
- Holiday Marketing Mistakes to Avoid - December 3, 2014