By Michele Pariza Wacek (PW)
1. It’s not your grandfather’s communications model. Communications has drastically changed since, say, the 1970s when advertising was in its heyday (actually most of the 1900s, but the 1970s is a good representative year).
Target markets are fragmented, customers have more demands on their time and they’ve learned to shut out the majority of advertising messages out there. The old ways of marketing based on advertising don’t work the way they used to. To succeed in the new communications model, you need every advantage you can find. And that includes harnessing your creativity.
2. Break through the information/products overload. The Internet has been the biggest boom to small businesses everywhere. It’s simple and affordable to sell your products and/or services to anyone in the world. However, the ease of setting up an Internet business means lots of people are doing it. Lots of people doing it means lots of products and services are available.
Latest posts by Michelle Church (see all)
- Caution..Too many Facebook Marketing Gurus? - January 24, 2014
- Have You Created Your Marketing To-Do List For 2014? - December 12, 2013
- What Do You Think Is The Best Way to Change Your Habits? - November 14, 2013