Kristi Hines is a freelance writer who has written an excellent article on
getting the changes you want made which effect Facebook EdgeRank. If you are feeling some frustration in this
department you are not alone. Simply follow Kristi’s advice and never miss that important
update you wanted to see in your news-feed again. Be sure to follow Kristi on Twitter for more tips.
By now, you’ve all heard about Facebook EdgeRank. For those who haven’t, it is Facebook’s algorithm to determine what status updates are displayed in each user’s newsfeed.
Facebook EdgeRank Explained
The Facebook EdgeRank algorithm is based on three things:
- The user’s engagement level with the person, page, or group sending the update.
- The type of update the person, page, or group is posting. Status update types rank in order of photo, text, video, and links when it comes to overall engagement (although video updates get more shares than text updates) according to this study by Dan Zarrella.
- The age of the status update. The older it gets, the less likely it is to show up in the news-feed unless it has a ton of social engagement.
Read the article here.
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- First Self-Driving Fleet Arrives in Pittsburgh This Month Courtesy of Uber - August 23, 2016
- What You Need to Start a Security Guard Business - August 22, 2016
- What Can I Do To Overcome Drug Addiction And Pursue Healthy Living? - August 22, 2016