Ciù Ciù “Bacchus” Rosso Piceno DOP 2011
- Style of Wine: Earthy & Spicy
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Wine Region: Marche
- Appellation: Rosso Piceno
- Grape Varietal: Montepulciano and Sangiovese
- Bottle Format: 750ml
- Case Size: 12 bottles
- $202.68 Per Case ($16.89/btl)
This ruby red wine, with purple shades tending to orange is a product of Montepulciano and Sangiovese vines that are carefully grown on the Marches hills. The wine is harmoniously delicate and tannic. It is dry, full bodied and tastes faintly tannic. It expresses its finest characteristics between the first and the second year of its life, although further maturation gives it a greater equilibrium and smoothness.
The grapes are grown in the towns of Offida and Acquaviva Picena, in Ascoli Piceno province. Soil has a medium mixture and is quite clayey, and the vineyards lie at 300 metres above sea level, trained using a spur pruned cordon system.
See on www.winewire.ca
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014