Here’s a ‘master recipe’ for one of the most common and traditional techniques in Le Marche cookery for preparing vegetables, particularly green, leafy vegetables. The technique is called rispassato in padella or saltato in padella which literally means ‘tossed in the skillet’ and could be translated simply as ‘sautéed’.
Ingredients (serves 4 people as a contorno, or side dish)
- 2 heads of escarole, well washed
- Olive oil
- 2-3 heads of garlic, slightly crushed
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of capers, well washed and squeezed
- A handful of black olives
- 4 anchovy fillets
- A handful of pinoli nuts
- A handful of raisins, soaked until soft and drained
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014