Gruppo Ristoratori Italiani is pleased to announce the winners of the annual GRI/Giacomo Bologna Scholarship in collaboration with the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation (NRAEF).
This year, the students traveled to the Le Marche region in Italy where they had been hosted by Domodimonti, a boutique winery located in the picturesque countryside of Montefiore dell’Aso in Le Marche, Italy.
The scholars learned about the production processes at Domodimonti, visited the Pastificio Spinosi for an exclusive pasta making session with the owner of the famous Campofiore pasta, Vincenzo Spinosi. They also visited the Agostini olive oil mill, producer of the award winning extra virgin olive oils followed by educational seminars on the production of the oil, a working farm and restaurant, Lucio Pompili’s Symposium, and world renowned Varnelli Distillery.
This year’s scholarship has been awarded to the following students:
- Giulianna Galiano, Culinary Institute of America, New York
- Chelsea Gallup, Cornell University, New York
- Ronald Gargani, Art Insitute of Pittsburgh
- Erica Sabalones, Culinary Institute of America, New York
- Chris Struck, Johnson & Wales University, Providence, Rhode Island
- Nicholas Weidenbach, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York
- Stirling Walter, San Diego State University, California
See on www.gruppo.com
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014