A staple of an Italian vegetable garden is eggplant/aubergines or melanzane – so of course we grow plenty! The plant and flowers are gorgeous, the only problem is, we’re not huge fans of the veg. itself. I do like them stuffed like a little quiche or thinly cut & fried is always good. But I must say the recipe below of grilled eggplant with mozzarella topped with peppers & capers is my new favorite! Ok, now don’t be turned off by the capers – they impart an amazing saltiness to the yellow peppers!
- 1-2 eggplants (the fat short kind)
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella
- 1 yellow pepper
- couple of tablespoons capers under salt
- handful of clean parsley leaves, washed (keep the leaves whole)
- olive oil
- sea salt
See on latavolamarche.blogspot.it
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014