- 6 cups fresh peaches, cleaned, peeled, sliced or chopped
- 4 cups sugar – separated
- 1 envelope + 20% more low-sugar pectin (60 g total pectin)
- 1 tsp butter (optional)
- pinch of salt
- juice & zest of one medium-sized lemon
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Sterilize the jars and wash the jar lids and bands in hot, soapy water. Place lids and bands in a deep bowl and pour near-boiling water over them.
- Start bringing to boil a large, deep canning kettle of water to be used for the canning process and a second, smaller pot of water to be used to replenish water that may boil away during the canning process.
- Mix the pectin with 1/4 cup of the sugar. Set aside.
- Working in batches, add sliced/chopped peaches into a large bowl and use a potato masher to smash them as much as you like. I skipped this step; my slices were thin and needed no further handling.
See on fromthebartolinikitchens.com
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014