The deeply satisfying classic soup pappa al pomodoro is an excellent way of using up a glut of tomatoes. A thick soup, no doubt designed to make tomato soup substantial enough to eat as a main course, it is often made entirely with canned tomatoes, but better if you include some sun-ripened fresh ones.
- 1/2 kg of ripe cherry tomatoe
- few cloves of garlic, peeled & sliced
- large bunch of basil, set aside soft stems for later (chopped)
- good extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 medium cans of good quality tomatoes
- 2 big handfuls of good stale bread, crusts removed
- olive oil for cooking
See on latavolamarche.blogspot.it
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014