Monia and Michela Costantini run a successful shop, Tartufi – Antiche Bonta’, in the heart of Urbino.
“The world of truffles is wonderful,” said Monia, 34. “We are in love with this job.”
There are many places in Urbino that sell truffles, but there are a few things that distinguish this from other truffle shops, said Monia.
- Tthey buy their truffles directly, so there is no middle man, which keeps the costs low.
- They have their own line of truffle sauces.
- They teach their customers how to cook with the truffles and give out recipes.
- They have a tasting room downstairs in the shop.
- They export their truffles – currently, to four other countries.
- They are a family owned and operated business.
See on 2012.inurbino.net