Scaloppine refers to meat that has been pounded thin & coated with flour. You can use veal, chicken, turkey or pork loin and in about 5 minutes make scaloppine with capers or porcini mushrooms or marsala or olives & tomatoes or green pepper corns, the list goes on!
Adjust it with the seasons – light & fresh in the summer with lemon & parsley or porcini mushrooms in the fall for a heartier dish. Thinly sliced veal can be bought at any market, let your butcher know what your making so they can make the proper cut.
Two to three slices of melt in your mouth veal in the pan with a little salad or roasted potatoes with rosemary can be a fabulous quick dinner any night of the week!
- 4 slices of veal, pounded thin
- knob or 2 of butter
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- olive oil
- chopped parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- salt & pepper
See on latavolamarche.blogspot.it
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014