Excerpted from article:
“The concept of link bait is a little bit subjective, and marketers should consider link bait as any piece of content that generates significantly more links and traffic than the average piece of content they publish.
The term seems to have originated from the SEO world, referring to content that is effective for attracting inbound links to your website, thus boosting your off-page SEO.
Let’s use this article to talk about why link bait is so effective, how it can benefit your marketing, and how you can approach creating top-notch link bait content that your readers love … and value.
Link bait content can be extremely beneficial to your marketing. Here are 3 powerful reasons why:
1) Increased Search Rankings…
2) Tons of (Sustainable) Traffic … & Conversion Opportunities!…
3) Exposure to New Audiences…
As we mentioned earlier, what any given marketer considers to be link bait is going to vary from business to business, industry to industry, and audience to audience. The key is to experiment with ideas you suspect will be successful for your particular blog, regularly conduct analyses like the one I did above, and learn from what tends to work as link bait for you.
So if you’re just starting to figure out what has historically made successful link bait content for marketers, here are some ideas to get you going:
1) Original, Striking Data;
2) Controversial Content;
3) Being the Most Comprehensive (Or First) Resource on a Popular Topic;
4) Visual Content;
5) Content That’s Creative, Entertaining, or Fun;
6) A Title People Simply Can’t Help Themselves From Clicking (Accompanied by Awesome Content)
By now, you should be pretty convinced that link bait isn’t always some evil, black-hat marketing tactic you need to avoid like the plague. But that doesn’t mean all link bait is high quality, or that you can’t abuse it….”
Each element is analyzed with more information and accompanied by a successful link bait example from the HubSpot blog. Read full article here: http://j.mp/PmCLvt
See on blog.hubspot.com
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016