For 4 people you’ll need (approximately…as always, to taste is a better guide)
- 150 grams of guanciale which is the cured cheek of a pig. It’s not so easy to find outside of Italy, so you can substitute pancetta or cured (not smoked!) bacon.
- 100 grams finely grated aged pecorino cheese. If you can’t find it, use the best quality parmigiano or mix it with pecorino Romano which is very salty.
- 4 freshest organic eggs.
- 400 grams spaghetti (the rule of thumb is 100 grams per serving)
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Best quality olive oil.
See on lifeintheitalianhills.com
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014