In the height of tomato season try this light and refreshing summer pasta sauce of raw uncooked tomatoes with lemon infused olive oil tossed over fresh pasta. The lemon compliments the tomatoes creating a bright & flavorful dish that’s quick & easy. On a hot summer day all it takes is to boil the pasta & you’re done!
We first tried this pasta at our friend Daniela’s house for lunch in Cassero, (Le Marche) and have been making it with our bounty of tomatoes ever since!
Tomato Lemon Pasta Sauce
Pasta di Daniela
- 1 cup (250 ml) of extra virgin olive oil
- zest of 3-5 unwaxed lemons, depending on the size
- 1 kg or 32 oz, passed tomatoes, the best fresh tomatoes you can find or canned
- salt and chili flakes to taste
- handful of aged pecorino (sheep’s milk cheese) or parmesan freshly grated
See on latavolamarche.blogspot.it
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014