Nothing says summer like a barbecue on a hot summer night! Fragrant rosemary skewers packed with filets of steak wrapped in thinly sliced pancetta and fresh sausages grilled over an open fire…my oh my! This is a barbecue Italian-style with spiedini or skewers with anything from fish to meat and/or vegetables. Tonight at the farmhouse it’s grilled meat spiedini all the way, with grilled polenta & a garden salad.
On those balmy nights when barbecuing is best, I love it because you’re outside standing by the grill and not instead sweating over a hot stove!
Meat: steak wrapped with pancetta (or bacon) , sausages on skewers, you can substitute pork, lamb, shrimp – any cut of your choice for grilling.
- chili flakes
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- coarse sea salt
- herbs of your choice (with pork, veal & sausage sage compliments nicely)
- skewers: rosemary branches, long woody pieces, if you can’t find that use wooden or stainless steel sticks
- olive oil
See on latavolamarche.blogspot.it
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014