Chocolate, Coffee, Hazelnut and Vino Cotto Biscuits
A must try biscuit for those lovers of chocolate and coffee. I find chocolate fascinating as it appeals on an emotional level and it’s loved by so many of us regardless of age.
These biscuits are great served with a coffee or broken up and added as a topping to vanilla ice-cream. They are delicious and smell great too. If you prefer to use almonds then replace the Frangelico liqueur with Grand Marnier or your preferred liqueur.
Makes approx.. 50 biscuits
- 250g roasted hazelnuts (or roasted slivered almonds), coarsely grinded
- 250g good quality dark chocolate, finely grinded
- 250g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50g coffee beans, freshly grinded
- ½ orange rind
- ½ lemon rind
- 1tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Vino Cotto
- ½ cup Frangelico liqueur (or Grand Marnier, if using roasted almonds)
- 400g self raising flour, sifted, more as needed
See on www.vinocotto.com.au
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014