Although other regions in Italy stuff zucchini flowers with ricotta or cured meat, Roman and Le Marche-style fiori di zucca are always made with a lone anchovy and a small bit of mozzarella. Once filled, they get dipped in a yeasty batter and fried -preferably in vegetable or light (not extra virgin) olive oil.
- 10-15 zucchini flowers
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons of beer
- Vegetable oil sufficient for frying
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball sliced into thin strips
- Anchovy fillets (or none if you don’t like the taste)
See on poveracucina.blogspot.it
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014