Alternative ways to employ the Mascarpone Cheese. When most hear the word “mascarpone”, they think of tiramisu, that quintessential Italian treat — and who would blame them? I do plan to share our family recipe for tiramisu but at a later date. That dish deserves a post all its own. So, instead, I’ll share two easy confections that combine whipped mascarpone with fresh berries. To make the whipped mascarpone, take some whipping cream and beat until peaks form. Add icing/confectioner’s sugar, to taste, during the process. To the sweetened whipped cream, add at least an equal amount of mascarpone and beat the mixture until peaks again form. Taste midway through to see if more sugar is needed. Set aside for use in either of the following 2-3 recipes.
- In the first case, fresh strawberries are hulled and quartered before being macerated with a little sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- This next recipe uses chocolate sauce instead of balsamic vinegar.
- The last recipe uses mascarpone to make jalapeño poppers.
See on fromthebartolinikitchens.com
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014