From grilled fish with breadcrumbs to whole roasted pig with wild fennel, Le Marche is full of delicious things to eat in picturesque medieval villages. If the best way to know a culture is through its food, then I would suggest traveling with a fork!
This marks the fourth year of our extended series on “Eating your way through Le Marche” created to help you plan your trip around food & to promote the delicious gastronomic traditions & festivals of Le Marche. PLEASE please note – none of these dates are “set in stone.” It is smart to call, email & check the web sites for more information. And please add any others you know of in the comments below!
- Fiera del Santissimo Crocifisso (1st Sunday) – Market along the streets of the town
Monte Grimano Terme
- Sagra dello spignolo (1st weekend, Saturday afternoon, Sunday all day) – Mushroom festival (spignolo) with typical products, tastings, games, music, dancing & fun.
- Fiera del castello (1st Sunday) The castle market fair all day.
- Sagra dei vincigrassi (1st Sunday 6pm)Vincigrassi – local lasagna festival
- Festa della schiacciata (1st Sunday – all day)Schiacciata festival – a special bread made with rosemary. Food & wine, games & religious procession.
- Caprile Agrishow (1st weekend) -Market fair of food products, live entertainment, visit the gardens with ancient waterworks, gastronomic stands all day.
- Gustosa (2nd Sunday & Saturday) – A Tribute to agriculture with a harvest festival and other events. All day fruit & vegetable market in the town center.
- Sagra della lumaca (3rd Sunday) – Snail festival
See on latavolamarche.blogspot.it
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014