If you’re tired of hearing about Facebook’s disastrous IPO or Mark Zuckerberg’s wedding, last week we got some real news out of the social Web’s biggest network: 3 new features … that actually make sense.
1. Promoted Posts
Promoted Posts work similarly to Facebook ads, in that you set a budget for a specific post (for the lifetime of the post, not per day) based on the number of people you want to reach. Some nice features are:
- You can “retro-promote” posts that have been published in the last 3 days.
- You can pause and restart promotions if you adjust your strategy or want to try some A/B testing.
For more information, see AllFacebook’s blog post.
Of course Promoted Posts are too new for us to make a judgment call on whether they’re worth the dollars. If you’re testing the waters and have anything to report, let us know!
2. Post Scheduling
This is the new feature I’m most excited about: you can now schedule posts in advance within Facebook. We’ve been able to do this for a while with third-party apps (like HootSuite), but none of them were able to tag other Pages, a key tool in promoting engagement.
For this Facebooker, scheduling comes in especially handy when I’m posting for one of my clients who routinely appears at trade shows all over the world. The ability to accommodate the distant time zones and tag the conference’s Facebook Page has been on my wish list for a long time.
For step-by-step instructions on scheduling a post, head back to AllFacebook.
3. Admin Roles
If you have multiple people who contribute to the management of your Page, but don’t want to give them all the full slate of Admin rights, you’re gonna love this. You now have access to five levels of Admin roles:
- Manager: Has all Admin authorizations and the ability to assign and re-assign roles
- Content Creator: Can create posts as the Page, edit the Page, and add Applications (plus all Moderator powers)
- Moderator: Can respond to and delete comments, view Insights, create Ads, and send Messages as the Page (plus all Advertiser powers)
- Advertiser: Can view Insights and create Ads
- Insights Analyst: Can view Insights
For more on the new Admin roles … yep, you guessed it: AllFacebook to the rescue again.
Have you taken any of these new features for a test drive yet? Share your experience in the Comments—we’d love to hear from you!
Free Ebook: Top 10 Myths About Social Media for Business
Are you holding back from social media because of something “they” say?
In our free ebook, Top 10 Myths About Social Media for Business, we bust some of the most common misconceptions about social media as a marketing tool for small and medium-size businesses. Download your free copy today and get the scoop on the so-called “conventional wisdom” that could be standing between your business and social media success.