This is one of those recipes that you just couldn’t serve outside the summer months. The ingredients would be below par and it would feel just – well – wrong. But roll in May, and this is a delicious easy Summer lunch. The recipe calls for half a cup of perfectly chilled dry white wine – we leave it to you how best to utilise the rest of the bottle, though would suggest you could look to Keith Floyd, undoubtedly the best TV chef ever, for inspiration. He was never shy of a bit of ‘stomach-marinating’.
Ingredients for 4
- Vine ripe tomatoes – 2/3lb/ 300g
- Extra virgin olive oil with garlic – 6 tbls/90ml
- Shrimp – 600g peeled and cleaned.
- Dry white wine – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp freshly squeezed
- Parsley – ¼ cup finely chopped
- Rocket/arugula – 2 bunches
- Salt and pepper to taste
See on dolcevitadiaries.com
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014