- Current Winery: Alberto Quacquarini
- Wine Subject: Vernaccia di Serrapetrona Secco DOCG
- Backgrounder: Produced in the Marche province of Macerata,Vernaccia di Serrapetrona Secco DOCG is primarily made from Vernaccia Nero grapes and sometimes has some Sangiovese and Ciliegiolo added. These rare and unique red sparkling wines can be made in form drysecco or semisweet to sweet. These wines undergo three fermentations that result in its spumantecharacter.
- Look – Dark ruby red with brighter ruby streaks that shine though this wine’s clear and effervescent heart when held to the light. Moderately persistent ruby tinged mouse when initially poured that descends to a slow stream of steady small bubbles. Pale ruby along the edges and when swirled, slow medium legs hand on the side of the glass.
- Smell – Fresh, bright and youthful on the nose with aromas of red fruit including cherry and raspberry along with floral violets, slate minerals and herbal notes as well.
- Feel – This dry wine has exceptional minerality that balances over the finely textured medium tannins and fresh acidity. Its effervescence adds to the vibrant and fresh. Medium-bodied, clean and crisp with itsspumante lingering on into the finish.
- Taste – Fresh, sweet and tart flavors of fresh red fruit including red cherry, raspberry and red plum meld with slate minerality and the floral violet notes found on the nose. A touch of green herbs and medium hot and exotic spice adds depth and complexity to the fun wine.
- Finish – Crisp and clean with a lingering minerality that supports its fresh red fruit flavors as the minerality, spice and floral notes linger on and on inviting another sip.
- Conclusion – The Quacquarini Vernaccia di Serrapetrona Secco DOC is a clean, bright and very fresh with red sparkling spumante with plenty of character. Fresh red fruit, floral violets, subtle green herbs and fantastic minerality on the nose and palate and into the finish. This is a great wine to serve at any spring gathering. Enjoy this wine right now as there is no reason to cellar this lovely fresh sparkler.
See on thewinespies.wordpress.com
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014