- Grapes: Montepulciano 100%
- Area of Production: Numana
- Vineyard: The grapes come from a vineyard planted in the farm Coppo, at Ancona, in 1991
- Training system: cordon
- Soil: Soil with good structure, limestone and marl
- Harvest: By hand, selection of the best grapes at full ripeness, in small boxes
- Production: Grapes softly pressed, fermented with selected yeasts at controlled temperatures. The maceration of the skins lasts about 12-15 days. The wine after malolactic fermentation, aged in stainless steel tanks for about 3-4 months in oak barrels for 2 months, then it is bottled
- Description: Ruby-purplish red, clear and consistent. A revealing aroma with signs of backberry, marasca, cherry, plum, arbutus and red flowers. The taste is dry, warm, soft and fresh enough, from decisive tannins and discreetly savory. Full bodied, the end is fruity.
- Pairing: Macaroni pasta with sauce from the giblets of farmyard animals.
- Serving temperature: 16 to 18°C
- Price: 9,50€
See on www.leopardiwines.com
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014