Rèsio is a natural sweet wine obtained from the Verdicchio grapes being left on the vine to wither. The straw yellow colour denotes great extracts; Its brilliant hues reveals the absence of oxidization mainly thanks to botrytis cinerrea acting on the grapes. Of a good acidity and pleasant taste.
- PRODUCTION AREA Area of the Castles of Jesi
- VINE VARIETY Pure Verdicchio
- TERRAIN Clayey and silty soil
- CUTTING SYSTEM Spurred cordon and guyot
- PLANTS PER HECTARE About 3,000
- YIELD PER PLANT About 3 – 3,3 Kg
- HARVESTING METHOD “Vendemmia Tardiva” (withering on the plant) manual picking repeated several times making carefully selection of the bunch and grape.
- VINIFICATION Fermentation without the skin, at a controlled temperature, with a spontaneous end.
- ALCOHOL CONTENT 13 – 13,5% vol. varying depending on the vintage
- SUGAR RESIDUE 100 – 120 gr/ lt varying depending on the vintage
- NET DRY EXTRACT 27 gr/ Lt varying depending on the vintage
- COLOUR straw – yellow
- FRAGRANCE Characteristic intense floral, slightly musty
- TASTE Harmonious and veluety
- FOOD PAIRINGS Blue cheese or spicy, candied fruit; if alone, excellent sipping wine
- SERVING TEMPERATURE 10° – 12° C
See on www.montecappone.it
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014