Every De Santis shoe is entirely hand-made, in up to 200 different phases.
When necessary, the best hands are chosen and guided by Francesco’s expertise and creativity.
- Measurements – Precisely Unique. Any work of art starts with a design. Clients are measured on at least four variables for each foot: length, width, and circumferences of arch and forefoot… Any specifics, problems and preferences are discussed with the client and built into the model for casting and subsequent assembly.
- Leather – Only the best materials go into Francesco De Santis’ work. Style and elegance can only be reached through chosen pelts of croccodile, ostrich, python and compositions of braided kangaroo, and innovative painting and embroidery.
- Hemming – Many steps require finesse and precision. Outsoles are enriched, completed and associated with various components. More than just stiching: perforating, attaching, lining up non-linear items. Concentration and focus on the end-result are key, every last detail is rigourously handled. For a perfect result.
- Assembly – The leather, expertly carved starts taking shape. Stretched and fixed to the sole, it is now ready to stiching.
- Stitching – The heart of the assembly process, bringing major components together. Based on the model’s requirements will apply time-enhanced techniques like norwegian or goodyear, with single-, double- or triple-stiching. Sitch-by-stich, all by hand and with single continuous threading.
- Finishing – Lengthy and painstaking steps of finishing are in the expert hands of craftsmen. Burring of the sole’s edges, smoothing the heels and angles; a watchful eye and the experiences sensations of the hands percolate into a refined finish.
- Painting – Not just a dye. Strokes, brushes, sponges and buffing: manual handling that creat astonishing chromatic variations. Heat-based treatments then stabilse pigmentation and seal the unique results.
- Signing – The shoes is ready, yet is still requires attention: a signature line. Name, numbering and identification, dates – all elements that can be applied upon request to the sole, insides or heel for a truly personalised pair of shoes.
See on www.desantisfrancesco.it
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014