One of most popular courses thechefsroom.co.ukorganizes is Franco’s Le Marche courses when he recreates some of his signature dishes that he was so well known for at the Walnut Tree Inn. Dishes from his homeland, Le Marche.
Le Marche is one of Italy’s lesser known regions that stretches along the Adriatic coast. A land of coast line, mountains and rolling hills.
This is a simple fish dish using the much prized monkfish caught not only in the Adriatic but here at home as well. Vin Sullivan was able to provide wsome particularly fine monk fish for us for the class.
In potacchio simply means cooking in the pot and there are similar recipes for cooking rabbit and chicken this way.
Dont be afraid of the large quantities of garlic; boiling it before adding it to the pot sweetens the flavour and the effects.
Coda di Rospo in Potacchio – Monkfish in potacchio
- 16 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pieces boneless monkfish weighing 200g each or if preferred 8 pieces weighing 100g each
- 2 wine glasses dry white wine
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 20 black olives preferably taggiasche
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Click for directions
See on www.thechefsroom.co.uk
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014