Best Wines of Le Marche: Terreni di San Severino Doc Moro 2007 “Ciacco da Colmone” – Fattoria Colmone
Terreni di San Severino Doc Moro, a blend of Montepulciano (60%) and Sangiovese (40%); vinified in stainless steel tank, aged for 18 months: part in seasoned wood, part in toasted wood. A red of unmistakable personality, elegance, style and great longevity.
- Sensory Characteristics: A red of unmistakable personality. An intense ruby red with purple tones. On the nose, fragrances of ripe red fruit and intense flowers. The palate is smooth and mouth filling, with good weight and complexity, thanks to prominent redcurrant and wild red berry fruit flavours which harmonize with vanilla, cedar tobacco and chocolate aromas. A crisp acidity and balanced tannins support it through an appealing, lingering finish.
- Serving suggestions: elaborate antipastos, aged cheeses, red meat and pasta dishes, excellent as a wine to be savoured gently while appreciating good company and conversation.
- Serving Temperature: 18°-20° C.
See on www.fattoriacolmone.it
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014