Umani Ronchi is the producer, Casal di Serra is what Umani Ronchi have named this wine, Verdicchio is the variety and Castelli di Jesi is the sub-region that the fruit has come from in Marche. This is a DOC Classico Superiore classified wine which means it comes from a region recognised for growing Verdicchio and is from a historic zone from which the wine has gained fame. Sometimes deciphering a label is half the battle.
Tasting note: Golden in colour, this is a sign of the wine’s development. A nose of honey and lemon. The palate is toasty with a hint of straw there is a touch of pineapple on the back palate but this wine mostly displays lovely savoury tones, rosemary, a soft acid and a mouth feel that is not creamy as such by incredibly full.
Final Say: Want a wine perfect for seafood? Then go out a grab a bottle of this wine. It has those savoury tones that are hard to find anywhere other than in Italian white wines.
Score: 16.5 out of 20 A damn good drop.
- Awarded Wines of Le Marche: Maximo 2008 Umani Ronchi (internetbillboards.net)
- Le Marche Best Wines: Stefano Mancinelli Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore (internetbillboards.net)
- Best Wines of Le Marche: Sabbionare Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore DOC (internetbillboards.net)
- Awarded Wines of Le Marche:Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore Il Coroncino 2009 – Fattoria Coroncino (internetbillboards.net)
- Andrea e Leopardo Felici – Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore (internetbillboards.net)
- Bonci Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico “Carpaneto” (internetbillboards.net)
- Budget Wine of the Week: 2010 Pievalta Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi (internetbillboards.net)
- Awarded Wines of Le Marche: Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore San Michele 2009 – Bonci (internetbillboards.net)
- Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Riserva La Selezione Gioacchino Garofoli 2006, Garofoli (internetbillboards.net)
Content Curator Mariano Pallottini
I am what I do: Curation, Social Media Marketing, Triathlon, Travelling, Real Estate. I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.