Giuseppe Mauriello: Neil Patel writes this interesting article on his Quick Sprout Blog about the importance of images for blog posts: images explain complex information, they are easier to consume and they generate more social media shares. In addition to that, images can drive a lot of traffic to your site from search engines.
From the article:
“…The following 6 tactics will help you to optimize your images so they can bring you more traffic to your site:
Tactic #1 – Optimize your images for people:
– Keep them relevant;
– Use super-sized images;
– Optimize for the RSS feed;
– Use faces;
Tactic #2 – Optimize your images for search engines:
– Compress images;
– Limit the number of images per page;
– Use keywords;
– Long description;
– Alt tag;
Tactic #3 – Optimize your images for social media:
– Use gorgeous photos;
– Use standard image formats;
– Publish your photos on social media sharing sites;
– Optimize for Digg submission;
Tactic #4 – Optimize alt tag and title text of images:
Neil introduces you to a wonderful WordPress plugin, called “SEO-Friendly Images” and can do a number of very powerful things for you:
– Add alt tag and title texts;
– Changes title text and alt tag;
Tactic #5 – Optimize image file names:
he file name of an image gets weight when it comes to SEO, so it’s essential that you optimize the file name of your images, too.
The tool to help you do this is a plugin called “Media File Renamer”.
Or you can change the image name manually.
Tactic #6 – Optimize for image load speed:
Page speed is essential for success on Google, so the final lesson that you need to learn is to optimize them for load speed.
WP Smush.it is WordPress plugin that will do three things for your images:
– Compress the images.
– Strip unnecessary colors from indexed images.
– Converts certain .gifs to PNGs for better performance.
Each elements is analyzed with more information. Read full article here: http://j.mp/Ij9tsd
See on www.quicksprout.com
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- Oh My GOD! I think the Anti Christ is here, and I think it’s me! - August 26, 2016
- An Open Letter To The CEO Righttime Medical Care Dr. Graw - August 25, 2016
- How to Pitch EV Charging Stations to Your Boss - August 24, 2016