Stracciatella is an Italian egg drop soup that is common to San Marino and Le Marche, as well as Rome and Emilia-Romagna. The name is derived from the Italian word that means “torn apart” or “rags” and that’s an apt description for the dish. The eggs look like tiny torn rags in the broth. A tasty soup, this easy-to-prepare dish makes a perfect lunch or first course.
Stracciatella Soup Recipe
total time: approx. 15 minutes
- 8 cups (2 quarts) chicken stock(vegetable stock may be substituted for a vegetarian diet)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- a pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- salt & pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese for serving
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014