The lace workers of Offida weave together the threads, with precise and quick movement of their fingers. They are the last witnesses of a precious art of ancient origin… so it is the origin of Pecorino, a noble Italic, austere, harsh and strong grape’s variety, which has been confined for decades onto the bare and steep slopes of the Piceno Apennines. A few wine growers have recently rediscovered this wine thanks to their love and enthusiasm. Pecorino is rare, precious and able to exhale a strong personality recalling ethereal and persistent sensations, year after year. Its personality and strength are harmonically enhanced by fermentation in “noble” wood, a perfect example of the past combined with a new oenological knowledge.
Straw yellow, crystal clear and consistent. The aroma has predominantly floral perfumes of acacia and hawthom:fruits of apple, peach and banana. To the taste it is warm, soft enogh and fresh. Full bodies, averagely persistent, with the end characterized by a floral return
- Wine Itineraries of the Region Marche (internetbillboards.net)
- Velenosi Villa Angela Pecorino 2010, Doc Offida (internetbillboards.net)
- Wines and People of Le Marche: Cantine Il Crinale, Castorano (internetbillboards.net)
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014