Cheese is such a big deal in the Italian people’s life, nothing seems more important than the happiness it brings. So you think: Why quit eating? It makes you so happy, this cheese.
Pierluigi Nieddu, a local cheese maker here, understands the dilemmas of cheese as well as anyone. He has been in cheese all his life, through ups and downs.
Nieddu, keeps 170 sheep to make high quality, organic Pecorino cheese, a traditional cheese made of 100 percent sheep’s milk.
He was born in Sardinia, the third largest island west of mainland Italy. Nieddu spent his childhood and teenage years there, where his father ran a small cheese business.
When Nieddu was 6, his father taught him how to make cheese. The boy had so much fun mixing milk in the pot that he forgot about time, and the cheese overcooked. “My first experience with making cheese was miserable,” he said…
to read more 2011.inurbino.net
- Lana David – Pievebovigliana MC, organic pecorino Le Marche (internetbillboards.net)
- Unearthing A Culinary Rarity: Cheese from a Pit with Vittorio Beltrami, Le Marche (internetbillboards.net)
- Magnificent Raw Milk Cheeses of Le Marche:Fontegranne – Belmonte Piceno – Fermo (internetbillboards.net)
I am passionate about Le Marche Region in Italy, follow me to discover it.
Latest posts by Mariano Pallottini (see all)
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: SeePort Hotel, Ancona - April 15, 2015
- Le Marche Inspired food in Washington - April 15, 2015
- Best Le Marche Accommodations: Hotel Leone Montelparo - December 26, 2014