Via Scoop.it – Social Media Content Curation
YouTube is rolling out one of its most ambitious redesigns since its launch in 2006 this Thursday afternoon, putting channels front and center in an attempt to become the Internet’s answer to cable TV. The new design features a completely revamped home page that focuses on a user’s video subscriptions and pulls in video recommendations from social networks like Facebook and Google+.
The pages of video publishers are also getting a significant face lift, emphasizing the notion of subscribing to channels and focusing more on filtering and curation. “Curators are going to be be really great for organizing this massive amount of content that YouTube has”.
Some of the highlights of the new design include: – The overall design is closely aligned with the visual changes on other Google properties, including Google+ and GMail.
– The home page features a kind of activity stream that includes video uploads, likes and favorites, comments as well as announcements for upcoming live events.
– Users can pin up to ten of their favorite channels on YouTube’s homepage… – Registered users will be able to choose from four default templates for their own channel pages… [read full article http://j.mp/vzb8U5]
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016